An essential part of cross cultural competency and capacity development, debriefing allows people to reflect on and share their experiences, to identify and apply lessons learnt to their workplace, life and future roles.
CCCID offers a general 1-2 day debrief workshop as well as specific debriefs for people who have left or been evacuated from conflict affected locations or communities. Debriefing services can be provided during assignments, at completion of a project cycle, or on return/re-entry.
- Explore the ways in which their cross cultural experience has impacted on their lives
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of their work / assignment in contributing to development
- Analyse their experiences in light of current cross cultural effectiveness and capacity development theory and practice
- Provide feedback on program design, management, and evaluation in order to contribute to continuous learning and monitoring and evaluation processes
- Identify re-entry issues and strategies for cultural re-adjustment
- Identify future goals and strategies for their individual capacity development and other roles as appropriate
- Reflections on the work / experience
- Capacity development lessons learnt
- Evaluating impact and effectiveness
- Cultural adjustment
- Managing expectations
- Cross cultural communication
- Return and re-entry issues
- Coping with conflict and its impact
- Applying and Integrating my experience to future work
- Mentoring skills to promote effective cross cultural communication
*Modules and course content can be tailored to meet the needs of the organisation and participants.
A comprehensive workshop handbook is provided including readings and references as well as exercises for both personal and group use. Information and ideas from experienced development practitioners as well as research from international experience is combined in an easy to read format.